Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) – Available in English, Chinese, Easy Read and Sign Language
CRPD Optional Protocol – pdf of true copy includes English and Chinese language versions in the same document.
Through its General comments, the Committee provides authoritative guidance about the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The purpose of the General comments is to help States parties in fulfilling their obligations under the Convention. The General comments adopted by the Committee are available from the OHCHR database.
- General comment No. 1 (2014), Article 12: Equal recognition before the law
- General comment No. 2 (2014), Article 9: Accessibility
- General comment No. 3 (2016) on women and girls with disabilities
- General comment No. 4 (2016) on the right to inclusive education
- General comment No. 5 (2017) on living independently and being included in the community
- General comment No. 6 (2018) on equality and non-discrimination
- General comment No. 7 (2018) on the participation of persons with disabilities, including children with disabilities, through their representative organizations, in the implementation and monitoring of the Convention
- General comment No. 8 (2022) on the right of persons with disabilities to work and employment
SDG-CRPD resource package: Disability-inclusive Sustainable Development Goals
Please refer to the page Harmonization of Domestic Legislation with the CRPD for relevant resources.
Reports by UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Report on legal capacity and supported decision-making (A/HRC/37/56)
United Nations Disability Inclusion Strategy – Available in English, Chinese, Easy-to-Read (English); and epub format in 6 languages
Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Advocacy Toolkit – Available in English, French and Spanish